How do I help protect additional land as Open Space?
If you own land or know of anyone who is interested in selling property that you feel has open space values, Open Space staff welcomes discussing this with you. Summit County has also accepted many qualified property donations as open space, and landowners are sometimes able to realize significant tax benefits for their donation. For information on this subject, please contact Brian Lorch at 970-668-4067 or

Show All Answers

1. How do I volunteer for Open Space and Trails?
2. What is Open Space?
3. How do I help protect additional land as Open Space?
4. Why are some Open Space properties closed to the public?
5. What are the rules and regulations for the Recreation Pathway (Recpath)?
6. What are the rules and regulations for Open Space properties?
7. What is the OSAC and when does it meet?
8. Where can I hike with my dog?
9. Where can I report trail problems, or other concerns regarding Summit County Open Space Properties?
10. Can I book Sapphire Point for an event?
11. Can I hunt or fish on Open Space Property?
12. Can I drive my snowmobile on the Recpath?
13. Can I reserve the Blue River Park/Fields?
14. Can I sign up to adopt sections of the Recpath or County Road?
15. Are motorized vehicles/devices allowed on the Recpath?
16. Is the Recpath plowed in the winter?
17. Can I swim in the Dillon Reservoir? Windsurf?
18. Can I hold a wedding on Open Space property?
19. How do I reserve a campsite?
20. Who manages the Recreation Pathway System (Recpath)?
21. How do I book a special event or special use?
22. Can I pan for gold on Open Space property?