Mission, Vision & Values
The Summit County Sheriff’s Office provides for the safety and security of the community by upholding democratic values and behaviors, and abiding by constitutional safeguards.
The Summit County Sheriff’s Office, in partnership with our community, is dedicated to providing the highest level of public safety to all. Through effective leadership, accountability and teamwork, we will strive to improve the quality of life always seeking new and better ways to serve.
The Summit County Sheriff’s Office Principles and Values are the most fundamental beliefs by which the Office operates and provides services to the community.
These principles and values serve as the basic foundation from which all services are provided. The principles and values serve as guiding beacons for determining a course of action when specific procedures are not available.
The Core Principles of the Summit County Sheriff’s Office are:
- Problem Solving
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Continuous Improvement
- Working with our citizens to improve overall quality of life
The Summit County Sheriff’s Office values set forth our philosophy of policing and our commitment to the community:
- We respect life.
- We believe in and respect Constitutional safeguards, laws and democratic values.
- We will involve the community in all policing activities that directly impact the quality of life.
- We believe that while crime prevention is our primary goal, we should vigorously pursue those who commit serious crimes.
- We are committed to treating everyone with courtesy, respect, and fairness at all times.
- We are committed to managing our resources in a careful and responsible manner.
- We believe our employees are our most important assets and will seek their input into matters that impact employee job satisfaction and effectiveness.
- We actively recruit and hire the best people; we recognize and reward good performance; we train our people to reach their potential.
- We will maintain the highest levels of integrity and professionalism in all our actions. We are committed to meeting professional policing standards for the organization.
- We value diversity in the workplace and community.
- The Summit County Sheriff’s Office leads by example.
Go to Sheriff's Office HOME page